Stephen is a Learning and Development Consultant with a varied portfolio of work across the health, social care and voluntary sector. A nurse by profession, Stephen has worked mainly in the field of mental health as a senior manager and a clinician with extensive experience of project management, working with both local communities and statutory organisations
in innovative and creative ways.
He is a Registered Mental Nurse (RMN), a Registered General Nurse (RGN) and holds a PhD and MSC by Action Learning and Research.
He is a Trustee of Mind, and Chair of Social Adventures which is an exciting social enterprise delivering public health outcomes in Salford.
He has a passion for supporting people to realise their aspirations and dreams.
Most treasured achievements
- Supported the development and pilot of an Active CitizenshipProgramme
- Realising a vision created by mental health service users for a holistic approach to mental health and well being, resulting in the Creative Living Centre.
- Project managed the development of The Angel a healthy living initiate that grew as a result of listening to local people.
- Supported the development and facilitated the action learning programme for the Salford School for Social Entrepreneurs that supported local people to realise their dreams.
- Chairman of MIND’S Ecominds grant giving panel for awarding 7 million that support people with experience of mental distress get involved in community based creative local environmental projects that improve mental and physical health.